miércoles, 20 de agosto de 2008

Where the hell are you? / ¿Dónde demonios estás?

A quick update for those who still don't have a clue about my whereabouts or what I'm diddly-doing right now. Okay, I had been working as a translator in a quite famous videogame enterprise for the last months, but I seem to have an 8 month maximum tolerance to habitats, i.e., I tend to move to another city after that period of time. After I finished my studies I was hired by a "hardware/software/entertainment" company to work in Madrid as a translator. Eight months passed and I was up for a change, so I decided to move to London to prove myself that I didn't have the makings of a teacher. It was definitely a huge success, and after yet another 8-month period I moved to Germany to work as a proofreader (as I like to call it for the sake of my resumé). Interestingly enough, I left after the same period of time had passed. When I made it back to good old Frankfurt, I stuck to this "unwritten rule" and left after the aforementioned number of months; I was up for a change, and so here I am.

I came to Tokyo, Japan, the very first of July in order to learn about the fascinating Japanese culture, its people and its language. I've been taking a Japanese course for seven weeks now and I only have two left. After these three awesome months I'll be back in Spain for two weeks and then I guess it'd be time to visit Australia, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand once and for all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bien, creo que la mayoría de los lectores hispanohablantes que conozco podrán comprender el texto arriba expuesto, pero el resumen es el siguiente: ahora mismo me encuentro en Tokio de semivacaciones, estudiando japonés, viajando y trabajando cuando tengo tiempo libre. Llegué aquí el 1 de julio y volveré el 27 de septiembre a mi patria, para disfrutar probablemente de las fiestas de San Froilán (también denominado "San Pailán" ;-D) y descansar antes de embarcarme en un viaje a Australia durante la segunda quincena de octubre. Al haber cancelado el viaje planeado para estas fechas por Vietnam, Camboya y Tailandia, es probable que lo aplace para realizarlo en noviembre, pero esto ya son conjeturas.

2 comentarios:

  1. Look behind you!!! A three-headed monkey!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. "I'm not falling for that again." And then there was actually a three-headed monkey. Let me find those games...

    ResponderEliminar